Thursday, January 15, 2009

Running. At least I used to.

I used to run. I can still remember what it felt like to be able to go for a run without a destination in mind, nor a time limit imposed by the limitations of my body. It's not that I cannot still run, as I can. It's just that today, I run at seven miles an hour, where I used to run at nine to ten. I used to run for no less than an hour nonstop at top speed. Today I need to slow to a walk half way to thirty minutes, soon after which I need to stop all together.

I do not expect anyone to feel sorry for me, as I can still run. I just cannot run like I used to. I do not feel sorry for myself, I just miss going out and running without limits. I was never the winner in a road race, though I ran in many. I never finished in the top ten in a marathon, but I made the top fifty.

Though I maybe cannot run without limits anymore, I can still run, which in and of it self, can help make my day. Not being able to do, does not mean not doing. Remembering what was, does not mean forgetting what can be.

I think I might just try to go for a nonstop thirty minutes. Even if I have to slow down just a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. I run, trip, fall, stumble, skip, hop, and spin in directions which lead the way to places yet to be seen.
    MeMe

    ReplyDelete